Volunteer for the Oakland Book Festival
We are looking for some literary-minded folks to join us on Sunday, May 22, 2016, for the second annual Oakland Book Festival. The Oakland Book Festival will be held at Oakland City Hall and on the adjacent Frank Ogawa Plaza. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com.
We need volunteers to:
- Distribute programs at the entrance to City Hall
- Shepherd authors from the greenrooms to their panels
- Assist at author signing tables
- Monitor the author panels
- Flex their muscles while setting up and breaking down booths
- Assist the artists from MOCHA and Fairyland in the children’s area
- … and at the end of the day change into something fabulous for the closing night party, to be held in YOUR honor.
Come lend a hand, put on an OBF t-shirt, and make Oakland’s second Book Festival an event to remember!
Lead Image: Parade for opening of Western Pacific Railroad, Oakland, 1865. Courtesy Oakland Public Library, Oakland History Room.